background

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

In a Nutshell

I realized after my first posting that I didn't really explain a whole lot about who we are. There are bits and pieces throughout the blog but I will try and be a little more specific and organized.

Andrew and I have been married for a little over 5 years. We just celebrated our 5 year anniversay last December with a trip to Austin, Tx. It was a lot of fun. Andrew is very much a people person. Everywhere we go he knows someone. He is very personable and has more patience than anyone I know. I guess that's what makes him so successful at what he does. Andrew is in the insurance industry, and within the last few years has started a satelite office of Gillis Ellis and Baker here in Shreveport. He has done very well and I am so proud of him. Playing drums for the contemporary worship service at our church is one of Andrew's favorite things to do. He loves serving God and does it so well.

I am an occupational therapist and have been for about 7 1/2 years. I love what I do and have recently been able to cut back my hours to spend more time at home to work on other interests of mine. I love to run and spend a lot of time outside. Andrew and I enjoy camping in the great outdoors and have been to some amazing places in Colorado and Arkansas. I really want to go to the Grand Canyon one day and also to Alaska. They have such amazing scenery and I would love to sit back and marvel at God's creation.

We are very lucky to have most of our family living right here in Shreveport. Both of us are very close to our families and we frequently get together on holidays, birthdays, and also just for the sake of getting to spend time with each other. Andrew has one older brother (living in Baton Rouge) and an older sister. Between the two of them we have 7 nieces and nephews. I have a twin sister and an older sister and have 4 nieces and nephews between them. I enjoy having our families living so close to us. It really makes a good family support system which I think is very important for raising a new family.

Andrew and I look forward to the time when we can share our love and family with a "little angel or angels." We want to provide for them the best we can and give them every opportunity to grow up to be the best person they could possibly be. We can't wait to see what God has planned for us!!!
This is Andrew's family (top). My family (bottom) celebrating Thanksgiving.
My sisters and I with my sweet Granny and Dad 

No comments:

Post a Comment