background

Sunday, April 17, 2011

Louisiana Saturday Night

"Well, you get down the fiddle and you get down the bow, Kick off your shoes and you throw 'em on the floor. Dance in the kitchen 'til the morning light: Louisiana Saturday night!"

Andrew and I went to my sister's annual crawfish boil this weekend. I love me some crawfish and living in Louisiana there is plenty of it. We had such a great time eating, talking with friends, and playing with all the kids there. The biggest hit was the Mickey Mouse jumpy my friend Moss set up for all the kids. My favorite image was watching my niece, Michelle, holding a live crawfish. I'm not exactly sure she knew what she was holding, but she did a lot better than I would have if I were holding it. She even got upset when the poor little crawfish fell to the ground. Then there was my crazy nephew, Noah, who got confused as to how to put on gloves to peel the crawfish. He put them on his feet instead of his hands. He is so silly. What an awesome time we had and I can't wait until the next one!
Michelle in the Mickey Mouse jumpy

Andrew with his crawfish

Lynn, Amanda, and I enjoying everyones company!


Michelle looking at all the little crawfish

She was very brave to pick up a live one

Silly Noah with gloves on his feet. Had to capture this moment.

My older sister, Laura, with all her kiddos.

No comments:

Post a Comment