background

Sunday, May 29, 2011

And the Search is ON!

Andrew and I have recently started looking into adoption agencies to expand our search to start a family. We have interviewed with one we thought was a great option but I started to have some reservations about them after thinking about it for a while. I don't really know what to think about all the agencies/facilitators out there. I know there are some good reputable ones but I just can't seem to put my finger on them. It's just a little overwhelming researching them and learning about them. It seems like once I find one that I could possibly be interested in; there is just one thing that turns me off about them.

 I have said to myself that I want a Christian based agency that is geared towards the birth mother. Its hard to decide on one too when you read some of the reviews.  I know I can't base my decision off of reviews because not everyone is going to have a positive experience with everyone, but I must say, those negative reviews are in the back of my mind when trying to decide. I've stressed myself out a bit trying to research and dig into some of these agencies looking for just the perfect one. I'm in prayer constantly asking God to lead us to where He wants us to go. So far, I don't have an answer but we are going to be contacting a few other agencies both locally and out of state next week. Who knows, maybe God has other plans for us that He is waiting to reveal? I continue to put my faith in Him because I know that He is going to put us in the right spot.

In the meantime, if you know of any agencies that you think we should look into, please let us know. I am willing to research many of them. Thanks everyone!

And one more thing, please continue to spread the word about our Burpies for Babies that I am making to try and raise funds for our adoption. I have recently posted them on Etsy.com so check them out: http://www.etsy.com/listing/74556886/burpies-for-babies, you can continue to order them as well by sending an email to LAadopt.@yahoo.com

2 comments:

  1. Ok, my suggestion is seriously to follow your gut! He gives you a gut instinct for a reason, and I wish I had fully followed mine!! I'll be praying for guidance too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. PRAISING THE LORD THIS MORNING FOR THE ANSWER TO LOTS OF PRAYERS - HIS TIMING IS NOTHING SHORT OF PERFECT AND I AM SO HAPPY FOR THE THREE OF YOU!! ;) CONGRATS! PRAISE GOD FROM WHOM ALL BLESSINGS FLOW!

    LESLIE ARMSTRONG

    ReplyDelete